Growing up, two of my favorite breakfast items were cream of wheat drizzled with honey and baked apple pancake, drizzled with honey. (Is there a theme here?) This baked apple pancake is both delicious and easy:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peal, core and chop 1 medium apple (Fuji are great for this recipe).
- In a medium sized oven proof skillet, over medium heat, saute the apple pieces in 2 tablespoons of butter. When the apples just start to soften, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and stir or toss to blend in the sugar. Turn off the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 3 eggs until well blended.
- To the eggs, whisk in 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup flour and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the egg and flour mixture over the apples and transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Serve hot, drizzled with orange blossom honey or your own favorite honey!