These yummy and filling muffins are a great way to start to your day. Or try one for a healthy afternoon snack.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup diced, pitted dates
- 3 or 4 strips of lemon peel, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (or a bit less if fresh grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and honey in a mixer. Add oil and eggs and blend well.
- Remove bowl from mixer and continue with wire whisk.
- Add milk and blend. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda, dates, lemon zest and spices. Blend quickly and thoroughly.
- Grease muffin tin (or use cooking spray) for 12 large muffins (or use two tins with 6 each). Scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove muffins from pan and place on on wire rack to cool.
Leave a comment