RAW HONEY IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Raw honey (unpasteurized and unfiltered) boosts your immune system and provides natural energy. Eating raw honey and healthy living go together like summer and sunshine. If you need some more reasons for including this superfood in your daily diet, here are 5 benefits from eating raw honey.
- A Natural Remedy for Sore Throats. To relieve the irritations of a sore throat, eat a spoonful of raw honey. The honey will soothe your throat and also send anti-bacterial agents to the location. Raw honey has been used for generations as "Nature's Cough Suppressant." Smiley Honey now offers a blend of raw honey and elderberry powder for an even more powerful natural cough syrup and sore throat remedy.
- Boosts Immunity. According to Dr. Oz, the pytonutrients in raw honey have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that can help to boost your immune system and fight sickness. For a super-charged immunity booster, we recommend a daily cup of rooibos herbal tea, along with one or two teaspoons each of raw honey and raw apple cider vinegar.
- Natural Energy Source. For a natural energy boost before, during or after exercise, honey is a great option. As the National Honey Council explains, honey provides 17 grams of carbs per tablespoon. Since carbohydrates are the primary fuel that the body uses for energy, honey provides a quick and all-natural boost when you need it.
- Sound Sleep. You have probably heard that tryptophan found in turkey meat is the cause of your sleepiness after Thanksgiving dinner. As noted by Dr. Oz, it turns out that honey may facilitate the action of tryptophan. So a cup of warm chamomile herbal tea with some honey before bedtime can promote better sleep.
- Healing Power. Honey is a good source of antioxidants, which can help to fight bad cholesterol and free radicals in the body. Raw honey even has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which can help to heal skin wounds.
Fall is coming soon, which means cooler temperatures. Be prepared for cold and flu season by boosting your immunity system now with our All- Natural Cough Syrup.