These tasty treats of feta cheese wrapped in phyllo dough can serve as a light lunch or as a dinner appetizer.
- 16 ounce block of feta cheese
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- fresh thyme (optional)
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; place rack in center of oven
- Thaw the phyllo dough following the directions on the box.
- Cut the feta cheese into 12 slices (around 1/4 inch thick)
- Lay out a sheet of phyllo dough and place two feta slices near one end (around the middle)
- Brush the sheet with melted butter and then start folding the sheet to wrap the cheese into a pocket. Fold the top half over the feta, then bring up the bottom half over the cheese, and then wrap down the length of the sheet of dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the over for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place a feta pocket on a serving plate. Drizzle with honey, and sprinkle on some sesame seeds. If you like, you can also garnish each pocket with a few fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve warm. Makes 6 pockets.