Honey-Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe comes from the Brown Eyed Baker (http://www.browneyedbaker.com/honey-peanut-butter-cookies/). The honey gives them a richer and deeper flavor that an all-sugar cookie cannot match.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for coating dough balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Using a mixer and a separate bowl, cream the peanut butter, honey and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add egg and vanilla and blend until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients (you may need to finish mixing by hand).
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball, and then roll the ball in the sugar. Place on cookie sheet and, using the tines of a fork, press down on each ball in a criss-cross fashion, and flatten each dough ball into a disk.
- Bake until lightly golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the baked cookies to cool a few minutes before removing with a spatula and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days (if the last that long!)