Spring is upon us, and with it comes a new wave of fresh produce that’s light and perfect for the season. Whether you’re planning a healthy lunch for two, or looking for new dishes for your Easter meal, here are some spring-inspired recipes that use honey as a key ingredient.
- Green Lite Bites has a recipe for garlic honey asparagus. While lemon, a little olive oil, and salt and pepper alone do the trick on spring’s signature vegetable, adding in some honey adds a touch of sweetness to take this asparagus dish to another level. We suggest using citrus honey to complement the lemon!
- Spring is rhubarb season, so tackle a strawberry rhubarb dessert. Yes, we know it’s a little early for strawberries, but this Half Baked Harvest recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Honey Butter Biscuits calls for frozen strawberries anyway. It’s sweet and juicy, and the honey biscuits soak up all the yummy juice.
- If you’re staying away from gluten, Bojon Gourmet offers a Rustic Rhubarb Almond and Honey Tart Fragrant with almonds, tart with rhubarb, and sweet with drizzled honey, this tart is sure to delight your taste buds and impress your guests!
- Away with the soups we’ve been slurping all winter… it is salad’s season! This Spring Salad with Honey Vinaigrette from Fashionable Hostess brings together the sweetness of honey, the tang of mustard and the textures of butter lettuce, pea shoots and goat cheese (among other things!).
- Loaded with vegetables like peas, asparagus, chives and radishes, this Spring Vegetable Salad from Today.com looks as healthy as it is flavorful.
How do you incorporate honey into your spring meals? We’d love to know! Add your comments below.