These cookies have a wonderful ginger and honey flavor. They taste their best when still warm - about 15 minutes after coming out of the oven.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup candied ginger, diced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated is best)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
In a mixer, cream butter, coconut oil, sugar and honey. Add vanilla and eggs and blend until incorporated.
Add remaining ingredients and mixed just blended.
Using a small cookie scoop, drop 12 rounds per baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown.