Just in time for the heat of midsummer - a refreshing, all natural thirst quencher. Compare the ingredients in this recipe to the stuff listed on a can of store-bought soda and you will never buy the commercial stuff again.
- 2 large knobs of fresh ginger root
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 liter of chilled soda water
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Peel ginger; slice and dice into small pieces.
- Take one cup of the ginger pieces (loosely packed) and place in small sauce pan with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and then cover the pan and reduce to very low simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow ginger to seep in hot water for another 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of the ginger liquid through a fine mesh strainer and into a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Add 1/2 raw honey and stir until completely blended.
- Pour ginger honey blend into a pitcher and then VERY GENTLY add the liter of soda water. Add lime juice. Stir gently to blend.
- Add ice to serving glasses and pour in the ginger ale.
- Garnish with sprig of mint (optional).
Leave a comment